Social Security Attorneys  

Call Today: 50​3.255.9092     1.800.630.4SSD

I have a child who is disabled. Can they get Social Security Disability? 

Children’s Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is for children under 18 who are disabled. SSI is a welfare program and there are strict income and resource requirements which can reduce or eliminate an individual’s eligibility.

Disabled Adult Child’s Benefits (often referred to as CDB, for Childhood Disability Benefits) are available to unmarried individuals who became disabled before age 22, and who have at least one parent who is receiving SSD; who is receiving Social Security Retirement (SSR) benefits; or who is deceased and had been eligible to receive SSD or SSR benefits. Payments are based on the earnings record of the parent.

Please call Schneider Kerr Law Offices at (503) 255-9092 or 1-800-630-4SSD (4773) or email us at to discuss your case. Don’t delay, call us now!

* The information provided on this web site is general information only and is not legal advice.

This is a heading

This is a paragraph.